Beauty is Truth
When old age shall this generation waste,
Thou shalt remain, in midst of other woe
Than ours, a friend to man, to whom thou say'st,
'Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.'
There are many valid statements that are not scientific, such as those often found in philosophy or the arts. Here are a few:
- Beauty is truth.
- Murder is wrong.
- There is no (perfect) justice.
- Elwood P. Dowd has a friend named Harvey.
- Living in freedom is better than living in chains.
- A Streetcar Named Desire is tragic.
- We hold these truths to be self-evident.
- My soul is purg’d from grudging hate.
- A kiss is just a kiss.
Claims that God knows when even the sparrow falls are not scientific claims and are not subject to validation by the scientific method.
They are matters of faith.